Twitter is a social media site to see what is happening right now in companies’ and people’s lives by connecting with communities and conversations. Twitter even has a Twitter. Anyone and everyone has a twitter account. Sign up now.
Healthcare cracked the Twitter egg wide open…
Communication & Engagement: GET PEOPLE TALKING!
Healthcare Organizations recognized the power of using Twitter in 2010. Since then more and more organizations seem to trickle onto twitter. A few organizations have really gone above and beyond..
- ODPHP– A tweet chat held during Health Literacy Month, in October 2010, included one expert advisor and a panel of 11 key opinion leaders. 160 individuals participated in the chat which yielded 1000 tweets and 360 uses of the chat’s hashtag.
- HLM: In October 2010, HLM hosted its first tweet chat which drew 100 participants and resulted in 500 tweets. According to the hashtag tool there have been over 8,300 tweets which have used the #healthlit hashtag since October 2010.
- NPIN: For 2010 National HIV Testing Day NPIN held a tweet chat event that included representatives from 99 state and local health departments, community-based organizations and activists. Over 1000 tweets, representing 145 Twitter accounts, were tracked using #NHTD. Their Twitter following increased by 10% during the week of the event.
Follow the 4 Ps of tweet charts..
- Participate in existing tweet chats. Choosing a topic for your chat. Find out what your audience is talking about by identifying, following and analyzing popular hashtags.
- Know your goals. Assemble a team to manage the chat and assign responsibilities (Director, Moderator, Monitor, and Resonder). Make your event timely by choosing a topic that people are actively talking
- HINT: TweetChat helps manage the actual event and monitor the conversation.
- Start promoting in advance.Identify and invite a panel of influencers who are leading conversations about your topic (both online and offline). Invite both relevant organizations and individuals
- HINT: Hashtag tools to help identify top Twitter users: Topsy, Hashtracking and The Archivist
- Archive key points from the chat including relevant resources. Tell your audience what was learned.
Twitter Laid an Egg?
Periscope is an app that enables users to share and view live video broadcasts. The experience isn’t just one-way; viewers can provide feedback in the moment by sending chats and hearts. Viewers forge a more personal relationship with the broadcaster.
Check It Out!